Tuesday, August 25, 2026

A Mama Heart Full Again


Some moments in life are so big that it’s hard to find the right words for them. This is one of those moments.

After six long years of not having my daughter and her family in our lives, we have finally found our way back to each other. Six years is a long time when you’re a mama. There were birthdays, holidays, milestones, and countless moments that I wished we could share. There was an emptiness in my heart that I learned to carry, even though I never stopped hoping that someday things would change.

And now… they have.



Over the last few weeks, we have been slowly rebuilding our relationship and getting to know each other again. We’ve shared dinners, gone swimming, talked, laughed, and simply spent time together. Nothing complicated. Just being a family again and allowing ourselves the time to reconnect.

One of the most beautiful parts of this reunion is getting to know my grandchildren.

When we lost touch, our granddaughter was only one year old. So much of her life has passed that we weren’t able to be a part of. Now, we get the incredible gift of watching her grow, learning who she is, discovering her personality, and making new memories together.


And our grandson is only two. We are just beginning to get to know him, and he is getting to know us. There is something so precious about those first little connections—the smiles, the conversations, the hugs, and all those everyday moments that may seem small but mean absolutely everything to a grandparent.



I know we can’t get those six years back. There are memories we missed and moments we can never recreate. But I’m choosing to focus on what we have now.

We have today. We have each other. And we have the opportunity to build something beautiful from here.

My mama heart is so incredibly happy.

And it’s not just my heart that has been changed by this reunion. I’ve watched my other children experience the joy of having their sister back in their lives. They are getting to reconnect with their sister and, just as importantly, getting to know their niece and nephew. Seeing them together, laughing and making new memories, is something I honestly wasn’t sure I would ever get to witness again.

There is healing happening in our family.

It may not happen overnight. There may still be hard conversations, emotions, and things we need to work through. But right now, we are choosing to take it one day at a time. One dinner. One swim. One conversation. One hug. One memory at a time.

I’m learning that sometimes reunions aren’t about going back and pretending the past didn’t happen. They’re about looking forward and deciding that the future is worth fighting for.

I am so grateful for this second chance.

Grateful for my daughter.

Grateful for my grandchildren.

Grateful that my children have their sister back.

And grateful for all the memories we have yet to make.

My heart has carried a lot over these past six years. But today, it feels a little lighter.

A little fuller.

A little more whole.

My mama heart is happy again, and I’m holding onto every single moment. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment